Monday, March 04, 2013
This weekend was truly gorgeous in sunny San Diego. Saturday, we reached 83 degrees and Sunday we were in the mid 70s. Hubby and I ran errands Saturday while the kids cleaned the house and then we took them out for frozen yogurt. Sunday, we got in a short walk (2.6 miles). I didn't eat well at all, I definitely had a "bottom-less pit" kind of weekend but I'm back on track today and feeling very good overall. The kitchen is stocked with healthy choices and the weather is supposed to be in the 50s and 60s which is excellent walking weather in the evenings.
I am feeling blessed to have...
1) so much time with family this weekend
2) the Costco rebate check that enabled me to come home with $450 worth of food and only pay $21
3) an internal clock that woke me this morning half an hour after I hit what I thought was the snooze button but actually turned off the alarm clock. The kids were WONDERFUL and we still got out of the house on time despite being half an hour late on the wake-up call.
4) a washer and dryer at home - I started a load this morning. The teenager can switch loads when he gets home.
5) a Kindle with text-to-speech function so I can listen to a book while completing mundane tasks at work that need to be done but are mind-numbing. I've put them off long enough. Time to buck up and finish them.