Words to Ponder
Monday, March 04, 2013
I thought these words were very meaningful and
the message worth pondering.
The Last Wishes of Alexander the Great:
On his death bed, Alexander summoned his
generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:
1. The best doctors should carry his coffin;
2. The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold,
precious stones.) should be scattered along the
procession to the cemetery.
3. His hands should be let loose, hanging outside the
coffin for all to see!!
One of his general who was surprised by these unusual
requests asked Alexander to explain.
Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
1. I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate
that, in the face of death, even the best doctors in the world
have no power to heal;
2. I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that
ever body sees that material wealth acquired on earth,
stays on earth.
3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people
understand that we come to this world empty handed
and we leave this world empty handed after the most
precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is TIME.
4. We do not take to our grave any material wealth,
although our good deeds can be our travelers' checks.
TIME is our most precious treasure because it is LIMITED.
We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more
5. When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion
of our life that we will never take back. Our time is our life!
So my dear friends, the best present that you can give to your
family and friends, is your TIME.
May God grant you plenty of TIME and may you have the
wisdom to give it away so that you can
LIVE, LOVE and DIE in peace.