Sunday, March 03, 2013
March 2013 Goals
Well, if you remember my February goals, these will look familiar. Almost all are the same. My biggest accomplishment was to increase my meditation time to at least 20 minutes consistently. I still want to make the other adjustments I've listed below. I can do it if I gradually make the needed changes. Easy does it! I'm not going to experience success if I try to do it all at once.
Make more progress on getting my weight back down to my goal by doing some simple but not easy things:
1. Stay in my daily calorie range at least 27 days.
2. Eat a balanced variety of foods that meet my bodyís needs.
3. Find something concrete to do to bring me in the direction of changing my attitude about food: not reward, not indulgence, but fuel for mind, body, & spirit.
Maintain my fitness level while avoiding injury.
1. Run 3x/week, total at least 18 miles, normally 22+ miles. Maintaining this schedule should allow me to exceed 1,000 miles in 2013 like I did in 2012.
2. ST/PT 2-3x/week. Keep up with strength training and physical therapy to stay strong and avoid injury.
3. Cross-train (XT) 3x/week: Iím pretty consistent with the stationary bike & pilates. Iíd like to add swimming back into the mix this month.
4. Schedule & folllow through: once a week do a boot-camp style interval training DVD (I count as both XT & ST).
5. Stretching: 30+ minutes of stretching minimum 1x/week.
6. Stay in training mode to prepare for March 30 half-marathon.
C. Mental health:
Both nutrition and fitness goals will contribute but I need to make an extra effort to deal with the high amount of stress I encounter at work.
1. Maintain daily meditation. 10 minutes minimum. Maintain most days at least 20 minutes.
2. Participate in our sitting meditation group both times it meets this month plus the Wednesday morning sessions for Lent.
3. Find a time to read something spiritual every day. It doesnít have to be long, maybe just a paragraph.