SUNDAY FOOD PREP
1. Turkey Meatballs xrl.us/bokz3j
sauteed with shiitake mushrooms, pasta sauce, chopped basil. These are for lunches/snacks.
2. Breakfast Quinoa bars xrl.us/bokz3b
3. Hummus + cut veggies (celery, carrot, bell pepper, snap peas)
4. Diced Root Veggies for roasting (parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes, carrots)
5. Cut Strawberries, Pineapple, Watermelon
6. 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs
7. Basil pesto (frozen in ice cube tray, stored in ziplock bag for individual servings).
On Thursday I am getting a whole chicken from a local farm.. I'm going to roast it in the slow-cooker, then I'll simmer the bones for homemade stock. I make my own stock this way to get the benefits of the minerals from the bones... I use the stock for soups, chilis, and curries throughout the week; itís supposed to be as good for your joints as glucosamine and condroitin supplements, plus it is much more yummy than store-bought stock. I feel like it really helps me recover after a hard run.
Meal plan for the week includes:
Filet mignon and asiago roasted asparagus
Turkey burgers on chickpea/brown rice salad xrl.us/bokz3f
Shiitake kale fish curry, steamed snow peas
Artichoke chicken xrl.us/bokz34
& Greek-style lemon sweet potatoes xrl.us/bokz36
Quinoa, lentil, and kale salad xrl.us/bokz27
Roasted chicken and root veggies
Red beans and quinoa w/ turkey andouille sausage xrl.us/bokz3y