One of our challenges for the 5% challenge is to develop a new habit. To get us started, our great team leaders have asked us to BLOG DAILY for this week. I don't blog daily, so naturally, LGITW of my first day and I missed out on my blog, my teammates' blogs and logging my food. I did get in over an hour of fitness!!!!
So today I am going to do Day 1 and Day 2 of my LTGL blog.
Day 1) What new habit do you wish to develop? I want to become financially fit. Not just continuing to improve my FICO score, but identifying my spending vs. savings patterns and knowing at all times where I am financially.
Day 2) How will you do that? I believe in order to develop this new habit, I need to do several things.
- Today I will record every credit card (balance or not). I will list the current balance, minimum monthly payment, and interest %. I will include my son's student loan that I am paying since he was unemployed for a long time and is trying to get back on his feet. (No comments allowed
-Today I will record my savings and retirement
-Today I will list my regular expenses - insurance, cell phone, housing, groceries, car expenses. By regular, I mean they occur every week/month, but they sure have been going up, up, up!
-Today I will track my expenses daily. I have the bad habit of using my debit card and stuffing the receipts in my wallet and not looking at them for a week or more. How I don't overdraw my account, I don't know!!!
3) What are you doing to encourage yourself and keep on track?
4) How are you doing day by day?
5) What can you improve upon?
6) Do you need some motivation or advice? Ask for it!
7) Anything else you would like to share with your Team
Part 2 ------I'm off to read my fellow
's blogs!! Hopefully they did a better job than me yesterday!!
LGITW = Life Gets in the Way!
LTGL = Living the Good Life
Living the Good Life – Blogging and Feedback - theme new habit. Earn 5 points for each day you post a blog - maximum 5 points daily.
Earn one point for each time you visit a team mate's blog (including Community Team) and leave a comment to a daily maximum of 5. The intention is to daily basis post a blog and to comment on others' blogs, so you MUST post your points for this on the same day you blog and comment.