Sunday, March 03, 2013
Last year I was a part of a fantastic challenge team that encouraged a blog that outlined your goals for the month and then weekly blogs to review progress and keep on track. I really enjoyed the support and accountability those blogs provided. I've taken a few months off from doing these blogs and have missed doing them. So with March, they're back......
* 1000 fitness minutes. I had around 900 in January. 800 in February. Morning workouts have helped up my minutes but there is still much work to be done. Time to step it up. Plus, it's a long month so I have more time.
* Water, water, water. As soon as the colder weather hit, my water consumption tapered off. To help get my water intake where it should be I am drinking water before I have my coffee and have been adding warm/hot lemon water to my day. My goal is 10 cups per day.
* Back to the plank. I've let this goal slide over the past few months. I don't want to lose my progress. I will work on this 4 days per week.
* More planning and packing. I need to plan for and pack meals for those meals I eat when I'm away from home. My food choices tend to be fast and easy, not healthy, when I'm unprepared.
* Register for a 5K. I want to do 3 races this year. Better get moving.
When thinking about my goals for the month I debated about a certain "pounds to lose" goal. In the end I decided against it. I have done this in the past and have come up short and was disappointed despite the great job I did with my other goals. I've realized that if I'm treating my body right, I'm doing the best I can do. My body will choose how much weight it will let go. All I can do is focus on goals and choices to let that happen. That doesn't mean I don't have a number I'd like to see. It just means my monthly progress will focus on my goals, not the number on the scale.
Here's to a great March!