Saturday, March 02, 2013
Getting on the scale this morning, I have found that I lost 4 pounds in February with this project ... that's one pound a week!.
I still have some things to do on the house ... some necessary like putting the Dishwasher on its own breaker, some not so much like putting in new speakers in rooms that don't have any yet ... but the appearance is up to speed to have a party today. Those who remember the old run down carpet and tile were simply amazed at what we did. Those who were seeing it for the first time (new guests like the in-laws) were very complimentary of our home.
I took this video with my point and shoot Panasonic Lumix camera and I added the lame commentary later. The original was almost entirely the crappy berber carpet except in the bathroom and the adjoining hallway, they has huge one-foot square tiles with one-inch grout that was constantly breaking up. So glad to get rid of that stuff.
And some stills photos: