Honestly, with foods like these who needs added sugar?????
So yesterday I did well. No sugar all day. According to the "rules" in this challenge I did slip up a little bit. I ate a chicken avocado burrito with a flour tortilla for dinner. I should have used the whole wheat tortillas I have in my fridge, but, didn't think about it until too late.
Now that I think about it I'm going to post the rules to this challenge just so anyone wondering understands.... Plus it will keep me accountable...
1. No desserts or sweets (candy, cakes, chocolate, etc.)
2. No sugary drinks (soda, juice, etc.)
3. No refined carbs (white bread, white pasta, white rice, etc.)
4. No artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes
5. No sugary condiments (ketchup, salad dressing, bbq sauce)
6. No alcohol
7. If it occurs in nature its okay (fruit, veggies, sweet potatoes, brown rice, WHOLE wheat)
(Honey or Agave nectar is okay I think, but, I don't really use it)
Now these are the guidelines. I have basically been following most of these rules on a daily basis anyway. The only ones Ill most like have an issue with is #1 and possibly #6. I occasionally have a piece of candy or a small dessert. Chocolate has lately been a common indulgence too. Maybe even and over indulgence at times... Whoops! LOL I also occasionally go out and have a few drinks with friends.
*On a side note... I am going to try to keep what I eat as organic as I can. I've been reading a lot into the added hormones and things they put in food. It's kind of scary. I'm going to shop organic as much as possible. Especially with my meat and dairy products...