Saturday, March 02, 2013
I updated my ticker and measurements yesterday and it wasn't pretty... When I look at my start page on SP - the number shows 9 pounds lost since the beginning of my journey as of yesterday. That number has gotten smaller because I've let myself slide into old habits and I have not been diligent in following my health routine but alas it's a NEW month and I am human... and it's time to make new goals and lay out a new plan.
First of all - I need to let go of where I was and accept where I am NOW. I need to set realistic goals and even though I've regained the weight so quickly, I know it won't come off overnight.
I have given some thought to some of the bigger things I need to re-install and perhaps 'give up' and for now going to focus on setting my goals for the next 30 days.
1. Give up chips - this is by far my greatest downfall for the 'cravings/munchies'.
2. Limit alcohol to 1 or 2 drinks and ONLY once a week.
3. Get back into my workouts in the morning to begin my day and get back to my daily lunchtime walks (I've been skipping this as I was tired and working extra hours for the big report but that's done now).
4. Reading - one 'fun' book, one health/diet book and one self-help book - for this month the BIG one I need to read is The Craving Brain as I believe it will help me most as I try to get back on track and get control over my cravings!
5. Meditate every day - listen to CDs or meditate on my own.
My weight loss goal for the month is 1 to 2 pounds per week - knowing that likely the first week will be a greater weight loss as the first couple of week usually are.
So here's to embarking on the new NOW journey!! No looking back my friends! I am where I am today and I love myself in the present.