Enough of that pity-party and get to work!
Saturday, March 02, 2013
Ok, I had my little rant on Thursday and got it out of my system. My first day of March went better so I will keep pushing myself to be accountable. My exercise streak is still going strong, which is great news. I'm almost afraid to say it but I've don't even remember how long it's been since I've been sick! This healthy lifestyle must be working it's magic on me.
Wednesday was day 488 of my streak. I did my Slim in 6 Ramp it Up DVD (48 minutes with warm up and cool down). I felt it on Thursday, too, since it's been awhile since I've done those exercises. My abs are definitely getting stronger.
Thursday I just did 10 minutes on my gazelle while enjoying a little TV late in the evening.
Friday (Day 490) I walked down to the bank to get some money out for my son and walked back home. Still no van so I used that time to get my daily exercise in - was expecting daughter home mid-morning and she wanted to go to Scheels to look for some new running shoes. She's running a Half Marathon in Lincoln (NE) the first weekend in May and decided her current shoes don't have enough cushioning to run that far. Her 5 miles yesterday morning was about the limit.
We both found some shoes at Scheels. She got the new Kayano 19 by Asics and I found a new pair of Brooks that are really comfortable. The ball of my right foot has been bothering me since last summer and the current Asics that I have plus 2 pair of socks still doesn't quite take care of the problem. I had the sales lady put this pair aside for the weekend and I told my hubby last night that they are on hold "in case he wants to go and get them for me for my birthday". Hopefully he got the hint. (wink!wink!) He got paid yesterday for one of his closing and should get paid on Monday for the other one. So hopefully he's able to get out there this weekend.
And finally, the van is fixed! They were able to find the electrical problem after taking off the front driver-side tire and wheel well and a bunch of other things that are in that area. They found some exposed wires and found where they had been rubbing and wore out. Hopefully it got fixed well enough to take care of any future problems since they covered the wires with a protective sleeve. It took 2 days to trace the problem and get it fixed and I was more than pleased when the bill only added up to a little over $400! I am so happy to have my vehicle back - told hubby I felt like a teenager who was grounded!