February was a very active month in our household. Once more something that I felt would be easy was a lot more complicated than I believed. This is the challenge I took to write so many words telling the story of one of my ancestors. I chose my mother, but most of the stories ended up being a series of facts. I really didn't put her into situations. I'm going to continue with writing these until I cover all that I know as fact.
As for the weekly challenge of doing something new each week, it went quite well. The first week I followed a dvd to learn to belly dance. I thought I'd like it, but I ended up loving it for exercise. The second week I tried a new fruit - rhubarb. It was ok, but I can't say I was terribly fond of it. Ill eat it again if someone offers it, but I won't go out my way to select it. The third week I found a new place to do some walking where I can take my dogs. It is really a nice neighborhood that is quite rural. The last week I tried a new veggie - Bok Choy. I really enjoyed it made as a slaw. We'll be having it again often. But we need to keep in mind that the cabbage grown around here in field after field is really good and i don't expect bok choy to take it's place!
My goals for February:
Health and Fitness:
1. Continue to maintain goal weight: Accomplished! Still at 120 lbs
2. Track both food and exercise daily Do so daily
3. When I mess up, not to be hard on myself, rather pick myself up and start brand new with my next meal, exercise, etc. I sometimes have to do this with my writing. It really goes to all our activities in life, not just Spark things.
4. Continue with weekly weigh-ins and immediate corrections if i gain more than 5 pounds. I do this every Friday morning after my shower.
5. To try to make the wisest choices I can for myself to remain as healthy as i can be. This can be very difficult at times, but I always do the very best I can.
1. To stay as positive as i can no matter what comes my way. This, too, can be difficult, but is very encouraging. It is making my life a lot more simple!
2. Do something new every week. I listed this in my team challenges
3. Stay in close contact with my family and friends.
I am now playing a game much like scrabble with my friend in OH who is being turned over to Hospice. She always beats me!
4. Write! Write! Write! - The genealogy stories challenge. Although I did this, it wasn't nearly as easy as I thought it would be!!
5. Try my very best to give more than i get in this journey we call life.
Since i am so blessed with wonderful people in my life and terrific experiences, this is a difficult thing to do. I continue to do my very best, though.
My goals for March:
Health and Fitness:
1. Continue to maintain goal weight
2. Track both food and exercise daily
3. When I mess up, not to be hard on myself, rather pick myself up and start brand new with my next meal, exercise, etc.
4. Continue with weekly weigh-ins and immediate corrections if i gain more than 5 pounds.
5. To try to make the wisest choices I can for myself to remain as healthy as i can be.
1. To stay as positive as i can no matter what comes my way.
2. Honor Bob's birthday in a special way at the end of the month.
3. Stay in close contact with my family an friends.
4. Write! Write! Write! A Short Story
5. To follow my Lenten journey to show my faith in the basis of my religion.
May all my Spark Buds have a great weekend and try to stay safe. I love you each.
Peace Love Faith
What i saw in the sky on my new walking place.