Friday, March 01, 2013
This week has been a very good week in a very long time. I really feel like I will change and never go back to my old habits. I must, however watch myself. I have in the past, many times, felt this way only to be back where I am. I am VERY conscious of this and mindful of my actions.
Some great observations this week that I need to capture.
1. Liking veggies a lot more. I also reach for fruit instead of carbs for dessert or snacks.
2. Researching about different food lifestyles like raw, dehydrations, making pulp crackers out of juice pulp, meditation, deep thoughts. Goodness that will shift me to a much needed permanent place of serenity and health.
3. Threats of going with my family to restaurants is less stressful. We usually go for a ride on Friday nights to unwind with our son and dog. We just drive and if we feel like eating or if somebody wants to stop and Barnes and Nobel for a coffee we do when we don't have the dog. This way, everybody goes in their separate direction and reads or peruses. We like that as it gives us a good feeling of 'me' time while still with each other.
4. I am meditating on old HS scenarios and college where I was at my peak in terms of health, awareness and health. I have realized that college is where I started packing on the weight; probably due to a nasty break up with my girlfriend at the time; she did this over the phone and I don't think I really got over that. It's an embedded feeling of sadness in my brain.
5. Very happy lately and not really concerned about other's opinions. When I began this diet thing in January, my wife was mentioning it to people if they asked us over for dinner. At one person's house, I recall in the beginning, I went to look at potato chips (I really don't know why, but I did) and the hostess said "Ah ha! I thought you were mister diet again..." . My son saw this and mentioned to me later on that she is simply jealous (she is obese as well). It is what it is.
6. Very thankful for all of my friends here and how I am absorbing the goodness and positive things at SP.
Have a great weekend and March. Lets do March and look forward to everything it has to offer; including a hopefully early Spring for our snowbound people in the midwest and across Canada.