Can you believe that we are already in March? This is probably a favourite part of the year for me, with the first signs of spring starting to show. Everything becomes much brighter with the flowers and the birds! Winter which can be so dull and grey steps aside for bright colours, lots of greenery and warmer weather.
Time always seems to go so fast...we are already 6 weeks into BLC. My goal was to lose 21lbs in 12 weeks (my thinking was about 7lbs a month). So far this seems to have been a realistic goal as I am more than half way to that goal weight loss! Even with a bad week last week I am still on track...now I need to stop feeling sorry for myself feeling poorly and start kicking it all into touch!
Reflecting on the last 6 weeks, although it hasn't always been easy, on the whole I have felt pretty motivated. The last week has been the most difficult, where I have felt the least motivated and illness has been a big part of that. Work continues to be stressful, but it is a short half term and 2 weeks holiday to look forward to!
So with more new beginnings, and being half way through the challenge, now is as good a time as any to reassess my goals and get my mojo back:
Over the next six weeks I will commit to:
1. Aiming to lose another 10 lbs
2. Using the spark tools more effectively to support my goals both in weight loss and with fitness.
3. Set up a proper fitness plan to include kettlebells
4. Run a 5K in 30 mins
I still have my purple dress in my living room - I am still competing (in a good way) with my siblings, and I have plenty of time to prepare for the biggest race of my life...but taking my own advice...
1. Since Jan 1st I have lost 17lbs
2. Since Dec 31st I have not drunk any diet coke
3. My body fat % has gone down almost 15%
4. My muscle % has gone up 10 %
5. I have lost 18 inches off my body!
Now when you look at it like that!