February results and March Missions
Thursday, February 28, 2013
February is always a rougher month for me food wise. I'm still coming down from the holidays, and my daughters birthday is in February. Then there's Valentines day and a few more friends' birthdays. I'm still proud of what I accomplished this month.
Here are my mission results for February:
1) Continue getting in 8 glasses of water a day. * Check! Always, always get my water in now, even if I have other beverages.
2) At least two servings of fresh veggies a day. *Better than January. I need to widen my variety of fresh fruits and veggies.
3) Exercise for at least 10 minutes, 5x a week. Including working with my hula hoop. *Yep! I haven't worked out with the hula hoop for a couple of weeks. I had to put it up so my son's friends would quit messing with it, and then I forgot to bring it back out!
4) Track food, water and exercise. *Sorta. I always track my water and exercise, and I did better on my food tracking.
5) Journal at least 3x a week. *I missed a week when I was feeling not so fantastic about life, but I've picked it back up.
6) No fast food at least 5x a week. Delivery is my downfall!!!! *Uh, not really. My average right now is 4x a week, which is still better than it was.
7) By the end of the month either add a new move to my ST routine, up my reps or add more weight. *YES! I now use 10lb weights for my bicep curls, and I added a new arm exercise.
8) Continue cutting out processed foods, and reducing my sodium intake. *I did much better with this than any other month. It's going to be an ongoing mission.
9) Continue working on doing squats with the weighted bar, with the main focus being sure that my form is correct. *Yep! Every day I do my ST, I now use the bar. My form has improved and I can actually do a full squat while holding the bar. My stomach and thighs are usually on fire afterwards, but it feels good!!!
10) Lose 2 inches. *OH YEAH!! I surpassed my 2 inches. I lost a total of 2.5, lol! Still, one of those inches came from my waist and the other from my calf. The half was from my thigh.
I also chose to put away my scale for February and really focus on the other parts of choosing a healthy style of living. I have to say that taking that pressure off was the best thing I could have done. I wasn't freaking out every week, I was actually able to focus on eating better and moving more without feeling like it wasn't worth the effort. It feels much better focusing on the little habits and not the result, plus it proved effective! I still lost inches!
Now, for March's Missions:
1) At least three servings of FRESH fruits or veggies.
2) Exercise for at least 15 minutes 5x a week.
3) Continue working on reducing sodium and processed foods from diet.
4) No fast food at least 5x a week. (This is going to continue being a mission until I can accomplish it!)
5) Track food.
6) Start doing crunches on ST days.
7) Lose at least 2 inches.
8) Use my yoga DVD at least once a week.