Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Well haven't wrote in a couple of weeks and a few things have happened, well not in the weight loss department that's still a stale mate.
So here is the update: awhile ago in one of my blogs I mentioned that I wasn't sure if I should pursue a Medical Coding Training because it would involve committing to 30 weeks of full time training during the day. That is a huge chunk of time where I would not be available to work a 1st shift job if I were offered one. Well needless to say I was contacted by letter and it was decided that I would not be accepted into the program and I must say I was a bit disappointed. Well I thought about calling and letting them know how disappointed I was but then a few days later I get a phone call by the program's Director asking if I was still interested in enrolling since two other people decided they could not commit to the program. Well I must say that I did state that I was a bit upset when I found out I wasn't going to be considered but I expressed that I was still interested in enrolling. So I started class last Tuesday, and I like it however just as things always seem to happen in my life, on Friday a get a phone call from the HR Department of a place where I used to work asking me could I come in for an interview on the following Wednesday. Well I agreed to go on the interview which was today and I had to be really careful because this training program is real strict when it comes down to taking days off, coming in late or leaving early. I told my instructor I had an appointment but that I would be back. I changed my blouse in the bathroom before I left and had my ride put my suit jacket in the car. It felt like a real life mission impossible loll. Well I got to the interview and wouldn't you know it they were running behind schedule. I was scheduled for 10:30 and the 10:00 person was still waiting when I got there. LSS, I went in at about 11:15 in spite of the fact that one of the interviewers had to leave to take care of a family emergency, OMG and with the down pour of rain what else did Murphy have in store. Well I think the interview went well and I really hope I'm offered the position. I am trying to be optimistic however I did work for them before for about 6 years and I hope that doesn't work against me because the only reason I left was because I acted too presumptuous not thinking I would ever get promoted . I should have stayed because I probably wouldn't be in the situation I am in right now. So I get to wait in agony for about two weeks. since that 's when they said they would be making a decision. So in the mean time I will continue to go to my training class and .... pray.