20 lbs down...time for some pampering!
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Today I weighed in at 188 pounds even. I have lost a total of 20 lbs since I started on Sparkpeople 2 months ago. It is kind of crazy what a huge difference I see in myself. The funny thing is I can't really see a physical difference yet. I am very tall so it takes a more sgnificant weight loss before it shows up dramatically on my body. But I do see clear changes in other areas.
1. My energy level is WAY higher.
2. My skin and hair are noticeably better, probably from the tons of water I have been drinking.
3. My confidence is higher. I attribute this to sticking to a goal and accomplishing something daily.
4. My attitude is better. I am happier when I wake up and I am happier throughout the day.
5. I sleep better. Much better.
So as a reward to myself for reaching my first significant milestone I set up a fun weekend of pampering for myself. I made an appointment at a salon to get all dolled up. I will treat myself to one outfit this weekend and I also am going to get a new pair of workout shoes.
I have set a plan to go out with some girlfriends this weekend to go dancing and have a great time. I will try to stay away from those fattening margaritas!