I've decided to challenge myself to 30 days with no sugar and no alcohol. No exceptions. I noticed that I use these two substances pretty interchangeably - if I can't have one, I go for the other. And this has been the downfall of every diet plan for me.
This could get difficult, so I'm looking for support. I also signed up for SP's "Tame Your Sweet Tooth Challenge" and its goal of blogging 3 times a week. Anyone else doing this one? Here's to mastering one more bad habit! (raises glass of sparkling water with lime wedge)
And also - Day 25 of Beck Diet Solution: Sabotaging Thoughts
This has been a hard one. I read it and completely stalled out on the book. I think I really didn't want to acknowledge that my thought process was not completely logical or helpful :). Now I'm ready to try again. Here's some of my bad thinking:
* I really want it!
* Red wine doesn't count because it's good for me
* I'm mad/sad/anxious and this food/drink will make me feel better
* I don't want to disappoint my husband (by not going out for dinner/a treat)
* I'm just going to eat the broken pieces
* It's not that fattening
* It's a special occasion
* I just got my period and I need sugar
* This is taking up room on the shelf - I'll just eat it and then not buy any more
* I'll do better tomorrow
* If no one sees me eat it it doesn't count
* It's okay to eat bad stuff if I'm under my calorie goal for the day
Wow, that's a lot of stinking thinking. I have some mindfulness work to do.