Wednesday, February 27, 2013
I am doing the Better Sleep Challenge and need to journal about it each day. So I think that I will do it right here.
I am going to use my Fitbit to help me with this. I am not positive how accurate it is about my sleep but it seems to be somewhat close to true - so maybe not perfect but I think it will serve as a good estimate.
There are a list of questions that I should ask myself each day. This will be about yesterday and last night's sleep.
1. When did I wake? This morning, at 4:30 a.m.
2. When did I lay down? Last night at about 8:50 p.m.
3. What was the bedtime routine? I had a list of things to do before I laid down, including dinner, fixing meals for today, getting clothing out for today, E-mailing my mother, removing makeup and all of that fun stuff. Once I got done with the list, I went and laid down. I read a magazine for about 30 minutes then went to sleep at about 9:15.
4. Last foods consumed and time? Quarter cup of low fat cottage cheese and half a cup of fruit (strawberries, mango and pineapple) at about 8:00 p.m. I didn't want to eat this late but I was lacking enough calories for the day.
5. Exercise? An hour walk at lunch time
6. Any alcoholic beverages? No
7. Any caffeinated beverages? No
8. Meds taken? None
9. Naps taken? None
10. Stressors? Just work and too much to do at home and work both. Oh, and a little incident in the morning on the vanpool regarding someone who got the van late, but that wasn't really my issue.
11. Did you feel hungry? No
12. Did you feel awake? Yes
13. Did you feel irritability? Not really.
1. How long to get to sleep? The Fitbit says seven minutes.
2. How many times did you awaken? Fitbit says 15 times. The cat didn't bother me but my leg hurt and I tossed and turned.
3. How much sleep? Fitbit says 6 hours and 36 minutes.
Bummer, I was hoping for a full seven hours!