Wednesday, February 27, 2013
I found out in April 2012 that I have a Leaky Gut/Dysbiosis. Dysbiosis is a condition that occurs when there is an imbalance between good bacteria and bad bacteria in the gut. Leaky Gut Syndrome Exposed - Increased intestinal permeability begins with inflammation and irritation to the lining of the digestive tract. Over time, the intestinal lining begins to wear and break down. This forms large gaps between your intestinal cells which then allow toxins, pathogens, and undigested food particles to enter your bloodstream.
I took a Food Allergy test and it revealed that I have these food sensitivities:
The Category 1 Foods = "mild sensitivity" - Rotate those foods every 4 days. Blue Cheese, Chocolate, Coffee, Sugar Cane, Brewers Yeast
Category 2-3 Foods = "moderate sensitivity" - Eliminate 100% for at least 3 months and then incorporate one food at a time after 3 months to check tolerance. - Milk, Onions, Green Beans, Peanut, Wheat, Baker's Yeast
Category 4-5 Foods = "severe sensitivity" - Eliminate 100% for at least 6 months and then incorporate one food at a time after 3 months to check tolerance. Ė EGG
I was doing so well with sticking to these guidelines from July until Christmas. Every since then, I have been cheating here and there and now it is starting to get out of control and I need to reign it back in. So today is my new beginning. Iím going back to the basics. Iím too close to my goal. The goal that I have been unsuccessfully chasing for over 10 years in now is just right around the corner and Iím starting to sabotage myself. So I have to do something now or else.
So my plan is to get back to basics. Here are my action steps
1) Log everything. If I bite it, write it. Or even better yet, before I bite it, write it. Preplan all week day meals.
2) Do not eat any Category 2-4 foods and stick to eating only the Category 1 foods once a week.
3) For every 1 fruits, I will eat 4 veggies.
4) Limit my carbs to 150 grams a day
5) Aim to hit at least 100 or more Protein grams a day
6) Research and incorporate pre & post workout snacks
7) Increase my water intake from 64oz a day to 96oz (extra 4 cups)
8) Increase the intensity of my workouts since I really canít increase time or frequency at this point. In April, I will have the opportunity to go every day at lunchtime so I will look into that option to see what works best for me.
9) Continue to blog weekly to start accountable to my fellow Sparkers.
10) Be kind to myself.
11) Only positive self-talk. Be my own biggest cheerleader.
If I stick to this action plan, I am positive that I will hit my goal my April and if I don't, then maybe my body is already at it's happy weight. At this point, I'm more concerned about having a healthy lifestyle than weighing a certain number.