Veggie Gluten free fritters and 3 changes
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
I got a food processor!! Hooray! The first thing I made were vegetarian, gluten-free kidney bean and swiss chard fritters with goat cheese.
I think I need to adjust the cheese by using a little more and a different, harder kind of cheese. The problem was that the patties were difficult to form and they just wouldn't stick together, lol. But they still tasted great!
As a new month approaches, its time to implement some new "micro" changes. The past 2 months have been overwhelmingly successful, and it started with the following changes:
1. take my vitamins
2. listen to a "get up and go song" in the morning
3. better oral hygiene (brush AND rinse twice daily)
4. Make my bed every day
I am also nearly to the point where I leave 10 minutes earlier for work, which reduces my stress level dramatically.
My new micro-changes for the next cycle of (about) 21 days are:
5. Walk the dogs immediately after coming home from work
6. 10 minutes of exercise per day
7. 8 glasses of water per day . . . .everyday. No more long periods where I "forget" to do this.
#6 is in addition to a really good, scheduled workout. The goal for #6 is to make sure I am doing something every day--something small--to keep moving. It could be a 10 minute dog walk, 10 minutes of dancing, doing yoga, lifting weights, or riding a bike. I hope to build that 10 minutes up over time!