The Lost Weekend
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
I had friends staying with us this past weekend. And it was the last weekend on the island before returning home to much colder Denver (heading out this Friday).
I didn't have a plan. Well, that's not really true. My plan was that I was going to do what I wanted without worrying about things and I followed my plan to a the last letter.
That emoticon represents just how I felt last night as I crawled into bed. Overstuffed and uncomfortable.
Of course, I'm back in the groove today. But when I analyze what I'm doing to myself when I make no effort (and I really didn't) to keep eating healthily, to make wise substitutions, to push my exercise, to do all those wonderful things that make me feel healthy and strong, I realize I have plenty of room to evolve on my journey.
What I could have done....
* Eaten the ONE soft shelled taco with chicken instead of both of them when I realized that they were huge. Taken the second one home.
* Ordered my fish grilled rather than taken the fried fish platter. I NEVER would have done that at home but for some reason I thought that would be better and said "screw it".
* Sat down at my computer to do some tracking over the weekend. There were "down times" and that would have forced me to look squarely at what I was doing. I know when I look squarely at something it makes an impact.
* Eaten half of my white chocolate pie served to me - and walked away from the rest.
* Taken an extra walk rather than just vegged by the pool (but I don't really mind this one so much as I never get to just rest poolside with friends - this one was worth it)
Anyway, I'm back and ready to get serious again. It's a journey but I'm very aware that I'm making some crazy choices that are slowing me down. Glad to be back after my lost weekend.