Tuesday, February 26, 2013
For about 15 years, I did not sleep well. Why?
first, there was a bad marriage. I carried a lot of fear and unhappiness to bed with me.
Then I took night classes in preparation for a new job to get out of the bad marriage. I ran a daycare out of my home, and the sale of the house would have to happen. I went back to school to become a teacher. Night classes leave you with a mind full of information that I processed while I tried to sleep.
Finally, I worked through a few relationships before I met my husband. All of this transition can create lots of thoughts.
So how did I find peace and a good night's sleep? I developed several routines that help me relax.
1. deep breathing exercises
2. Chamomile tea and 3 ml. of melatonin.
3. I close the blinds evey night.
4. I read something positive.
5. I write down my thoughts and keep my mind clear.
6. I pray and thank God for my many blessings.
7. I hike and get out in the fresh air.
Getting a good night's sleep is a discipline, but it is certainly worth it. Don't let the trials of life keep you up at night!