Benefits of Drinking Hot Lemon Water in the Morning
Hot lemon water may not be your go-to drink of choice when starting your day, but it could yield the best results for your health. The morning hours serve as our foundation for how our bodies respond for the remainder of the day. Our morning routines are critical in maximizing optimum body functioning. Reaching for that cup of coffee first thing may not be the best option. Hot lemon water carries so many nutrients and actually provides that “pick me up” in the morning that you crave. Try a week or two of drinking hot lemon water in the morning. You will see a difference. You will feel light, alert and more responsive. Take a look at the many benefits of drinking hot lemon water.
Start every morning, rain or shine, sick or healthy, at home or on vacation...with a mug of hot water and the juice of half a lemon. Repeat in the evening if possible.
1. Stimulates your digestive track. The hot water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract as well as the peristalsis, the waves of muscle contractions within the intestinal walls that keep things moving. Lemons are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen toxins in the digestive tract.
2. Helps your body absorb nutrients.
3. Cleanses your palate and freshens your breath.
4. Flushes your kidneys and liver of toxins. Hot lemon water acts as a natural diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your kidneys and liver healthy.
5. Helps you to stay hydrated.
6. Helps with weight loss by suppressing your appetite. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster. And, when you start the day off right, it's easier to make the best choices for yourself the rest of the day.
7. Boosts you're immune system Lemons are high in Vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C is great for fighting colds. Potassium stimulates brain & nerve function and helps control blood pressure.
8. Helps keep your skin clear. Vitamin C from the lemon helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps your skin.
9. Balances the body’s pH. Lemons are an incredibly alkaline food, believe it or not. Yes, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they're alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). As you wellness warriors know, an alkaline body is really the key to good health because it helps to decrease inflammation and prevent disease.
10. Hydrates the lymph system.
11. Helps with acid reflux as well as bloating.
12. Relieves respiratory problems: Hot lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs by thinning out mucus. It’s also thought to be helpful to people with asthma and allergies too.