Monday, February 25, 2013
Our bodies are our gardens to which our wills are gardeners. – William Shakespeare
Today I'm committing to being naturally slender for the sake of it. What do I mean? I mean that I'm going to pretend that I'm already at the weight I want to be and make choices as if I'm that person. Why? Because when I am this person, I creates more good feelings more of the time.
Today I'm focusing on my evolved best self, who is more flexible, resilient, persistent, and stable.
Being naturally slender means maximizing pleasure overtime. How? Let me list the ways:
1. When I am naturally slender, I eat delicious, nutritious foods, only when I'm hungry, leaving me feeling energized and light.
2. When I am naturally slender I feel confident.
3. When I am naturally slender, I feel more present and able to focus on everything else in my life (all the wonderful non-food related experiences, people, work, etc.).
4. When I am naturally slender, I'm able to run faster, and have better workouts in general.
5. When I am naturally slender, my body functions really well - I sleep well, I digest my food easily, etc.
So today, I will make healthy choices, focus on my enjoyment over time, and improve the quality of my life in every way. The real trick is remembering to check in and ask myself how will this food choice make me feel over time, in an hour, in three hours, overnight, and in the morning.