Is your Weightloss an Adventure or Painful?
Monday, February 25, 2013
Has your journey been painful so far--or adventurous?
For me, it has been a lot of hard work. Shopping in a land that puts high fructose corn syrup in all brands of Greek yogurt and where I cannot find unadulterated probiotics, green supplements, or many of the foods like wild caught salmon with omega-3s, that would make my journey easier has been HARD.
As of today, I want to make my journey more about adventure and fun.
How can I make changes in my habits or outlook to make the process more fun and exciting?
1. Relax. don`t worry about perfection. Don`t worry about what chronic diseases might come if I don`t get my act together and lose this weight.
2. Do cardio that I like instead of adhering to a rigid plan.
3. Be less rigid in my workout. It is very challenging and I dread the days of strength training. I should try to break it up into 3 sessions instead of one long session.
4. Nourish my spiritual side.
5. Put less pressure on myself. Start where I am, do whatever I can with whatever I`ve got.
6. Give myself credit for trying and realize that one person`s program may be too hard for my level of fitness. Realize that it is OK to be where Iam now and not get so discouraged by where I should be that I want to quit.
7. Spend some resources on interesting activities to stop eating out of boredom.
Yes, it has been hard, so now it is time to accept where I am right now and take the time to make it fun and rewarding.