Going to FAT CAMP
Sunday, February 24, 2013
I just got back from FAT CAMP! I should call it that! I actually visited my niece who lost 75 pounds and has kept it off for THREE years! I learned several things this week including:
1) She eats a lot of freggies. Besides being rich in nutrients they give you a lot of VOLUME without a lot of calories which helps extend a meal and keeps the tummy full.
2) She does lots of food prep/cooking so that healthy foods are always on hand. No reason to come in tired and eat poorly when the fridge is full and the microwave is handy.
3) She views the treadmill as a GOOD thing. Seriously... she spends a lot of time on the treadmill moving FAST. She finds it even helps her with hip pain!
4) Exercise is a priority. She seriously gets up early and exercises at 4:30 a.m.! I think having a set time to exercise is key to keeping a "routine" and building a life habit.
5) She is not afraid to experiment with food. She keeps working on the ingredients even if it's to save 10 calories a serving.
6) She starts EVERY day with a full breakfast. It works. It gives your body the fuel it needs to get going and has great staying power. I had Trop 50 Orange Juice, scrambled egg replacer, uncured, no nitrate turkey bacon and healthy 80 calorie english muffin with 1 tsp. sugar free Polaner fruit every morning. This 265 calorie breakfast was SO filling. I never snacked before lunch.
7) Jane keeps sugar to a low in her diet. She satisfies that sweet tooth with her 25 calorie black bean brownies and her sugar free mousse. It was plenty for me and I'm a sweets girl!
So take these tips and try them. See if you can have some success. I'm trying to keep this going because I like what the scale is saying!