10 Things You May Not Know About Me
Saturday, February 23, 2013
1. Sometimes I walk through the toy section in stores just because it makes me smile.
2. When I played soccer, my favorite part of practice was running hillies (running up the steep grassy hills by our practice fields at full force) because I found it invigorating...and I usually won the race!
3. Being outside on a cool fall day when the air still smells of falling leaves is one of my favorite things in the world.
4. I hate, absolutely HATE cleaning the bathroom. Ugh.
5. People in our area tend to leave things by the curb in the hopes that someone will see their junk and take it home. I am one of those people that takes stuff, as long as I can completely clean it and there's no fabric involved, and it's usually old toys that catch my eye (I just grabbed up an old Fisher Price car wash and zoo). Yup, I am not ashamed!
6. I love to "go out for coffee," but I don't drink coffee -- it's always a chai or steamed milk for this girl!
7. I used to draw a lot and was pretty good at it, too. I slowly stopped around college time because there was so many other things going on. But really, I do miss it and should make an effort to do it again.
8. I played the bagpipes for two years (Scottish family!) but stopped, again, because of college. I "lost my air" and really, where on campus can you practice the bagpipes? Those suckers are LOUD!
9. My biggest pet peeve is when people are inconsiderate toward others, whether it be saying or doing something rude or putting actions into motion without considering how it might affect someone else. It makes my blood boil!
10. My cat chews plastic when her food dish is empty -- it can be a plastic bag or a sleeve in a CD book, but the louder the better. It's her own personal dinner bell. Believe me, at 3 AM, this is friggin' ANNOYING! (But it also proves that my cat is pretty smart, because she always gets her food when she does this, so who's the dummy here?)