Friday, February 22, 2013
It has been a while since I have updated my blog. My goals are coming along.
1. My routine is still the same. I still do all the house work, cooking, and cleaning. Even with the same routine, things have changed. I obtained a second position at school, providing child care for parents in the ESL class two evenings a week. I also have a new boyfriend so a lot of my time is spent with him and his friends. I am getting out and spending time with people who are around my age
2. I recently started making the steps to go back to school. I am looking at CSU
Global for their teacher licensure/Masters in Teaching. If all goes well, I will start in July and it should take a year and a half.
3. I joined Thornton Walkers, but I missed last month (January). I am planning on attending tomorrow. The walk is for 6 miles, and I’m not sure how long I will go, but I will try to go as far as I can.
4. I am still looking for a second job. The job availability has been dry lately, but I try every day. I do have the second position and I learned that my PEAK program will go through the summer for six weeks. I still need to find a second; however, so I can move out of my parents’ house.
5. Getting my parents to listen to me has not gone so well. Our communication was better when I wasn’t living with them. Now, I try to talk to them and they ignore; they want to talk to me when I am unable to; or we argue because they think I’m getting frustrated. Half the time I am because they won’t listen.
My weight loss is going slowly. I have had trouble tracking my food and fitness and my goals have suffered for it. I still work out and eat right, but not as well as I did when I tracked everything. I am still losing weight, but it has been going slowly. My new goal is to get back into tracking my nutrition and fitness as I used to.