Friday, February 22, 2013
I just got an e-mail that the 5K I'm supposed to run tomorrow morning has been postponed until 2 pm on Sunday. The race location is at a local park and partially on a greenway that is mostly wetlands. Apparently the county closed the greenway for flooding (parts of it flood quite often).
I think I'll be able to make the race time on Sunday. I have to pick DD#3 up from a sleepover @ 11 and we're planning to go to church @ 5 and then DD#2 has youth group. DD#2 and I both should be able to be done with the race and get back home to shower in time for church. She'll be done quickly and will have to just wait for me! Fortunately the location is about 2 miles from our house.
Since the greenway is closed, we won't be able to run there tonight. I guess we'll run on the indoor track tonight and do a short run tomorrow afternoon on the greenway. It should be open by then since the rain is supposed to stop by early morning (supposed to be very heavy tonight though).
So I guess that's good news. Sunday's forecast at 2 pm is sunny and 60 degrees!