Friday, February 22, 2013
It's the end of another week, and so far, I have spent the past three weeks battling my daughter's inner ear infection. It started around the 8th of February. When I took her into the pediatrician, she was prescribed Cefdinir. We took that for 4 days and Wednesday afternoon I noticed that she had broken out in a prickly heat rash and had unusual spots all over her body. By Valentines day she had rough itchy skin, blistering lips and and patchy dry skin around the eyes, nose, mouth, and chin. I took off work early on Valentines to take her back to the pediatrician, who told me that she had no idea what the rash was all about, however we do know that the medicine isn't working and not to take anymore. She scheduled me to meet with an ear, nose, & throat Doc for the following week. I was given a perscription for Azythromycin and sent on my way with instructions to only give her this medicine if she got a fever. Well, that night Danielle got a fever and I gave her the new medicine along with Tylenol etc. but her fever stuck around and climbed to 103.4 -104. I've been racking my brain going through home remedies on the internet trying to find some cure for inner ear inifections. Danielle is definitely not going to make it through another week of this before she see's the specialist. I called to specialist to see if we could have an appointment earlier in the week, and they said no, they will not be seeing any new patients till Friday. I was so infuriated and hopeless. Nothing was working. Last friday night I decided to take her to the ER, because the fever hadn't gone away. They decided to give her 3 rounds of Rocephin shots through out the weekend. Let me tell you my poor baby was not happy with that. You would think that after all of that pain, the ear infection would have cleared, but it didn't. Her follow up visits with the normal doctor this Monday required more poking and lab work and no clear answers on the rash. I've washed everything in the home and vacumed and sterylized.
After being off of work for almost a week, I took her in to daycare, and for the past 2 days, they let my little one wet through her pull ups and get soggy socks, and clothes.
My attitude is not so great about this especially since it's been 33 degrees with snow. I am so frustrated about this whole situation, and am hoping that the doctor we are seeing today will shed some light on the situation, and perhaps we can get the tubes put in the ears soon. Because, there's nothing worse than a sick baby or in my case toddler.
So hopefully I can get with my workouts soon. The scale has been steady, (more like stuck) on the same number for a while, and just for these few weeks I notice how quickly my body gets out of shape, and simple tasks become quite strenuous. Can't wait to get back in to the swing of things.