Friday, February 22, 2013
Focusing on the future and the goals I have for myself is an important part of this journey for me. One thing I focused on when I started this process is that I needed to start living my life immediately, instead of always saying or thinking "When I lose x amount of weight, I'll do this" or "When I look better, I'll do that." I wasn't living in the moment, and I wasn't working towards those goals I had for myself because I was always busy waiting on some better future self.
Rather than create a long bucket list of things I really want to accomplish in my lifetime, I instead want to focus on those things I can do within the next year. No more waiting. That said, some of these things will require planning and training, but it's all stuff I can focus on working towards right now.
1. Go on a vacation with Sean just to go on vacation - not to visit friends or family, attend a wedding, or with any other purpose.
2. Do Crossfit, at least once.
3. Run a 5K.
4. Run a 10K.
5. Participate in the Habitat for Humanity Mud Run in my hometown in September - a 5K obstacle course race.
6. Shop for clothes in a regular (not plus sized) store.
7. Ride a roller coaster.
8. Get engagement pictures taken.
9. Start planning my wedding.
10. Buy a new car.
11. Start a stock portfolio outside of my retirement.
12. Get serious about contributing to my non-work retirement fund.
13. Read at least 75 books.