well, i was SO disappointed. weighed myself, the "required" weekly weight, and the scale showed no change...
but guess what? my mental/emotional thinking has changed!
. in the past, i would have been defeated. don't get me wrong, i was REALLY ticked, but i didn't quit. (believe me, i am a GREAT quitter, and not the good kind).
what has changed?
1. i am enjoying working out, and sweating profusely
. i like seeing how my form is getting better, and trying harder, and making it further into my DVDs.
2. i am not craving all the fast foods
. i am actually eating "good" snack foods more often.
, i am EVEN eating veggies! now, that is saying something!
3. my FITBIT makes my competiveness come out. when i look at my steps or flights of stairs, and i am not at my goal, i am looking
for ways to make up the steps, actually asking to get the mail (we have a long driveway), taking the dogs out, taking the 5 flights of stairs to the floor i work on, and try to run all the errands there so i can add more exercise!
4. i am not looking at my body, as the "fugly" 45 year old woman, i visualize the fit, and ripped woman i am GONNA be.
5. i am trying to change the "tapes" in my head that say that i am worthless, too fat, quitter, loser, won't stick with it, and replace it with, day by day, breath by breath, just keep moving.
6. OH! and i am doing the spark coach thing. i do it in the morning, it really has helped! they give you tips, inspirational quotes, you track your progress, and it only takes about 5-10 minutes a day. first week is free, and i signed up for i think 3 months, and it was only like $15. heaven knows, i don't have a lot of money, but it is worth it!
weird, i might not have lost any weight, but maybe i am carrying myself different? i am getting compliments, not so much on my body, but people sayin, "wow, your hair is pretty." (even though i am not doing anything different), or "something is different about you."
now, i am sure that i will have bad days, and i will feel defeated, but just being able to take the small little steps will help me get there.
just want to say thank you, to all of those that have become my spark friends, have given me spark goodies, and read my blogs, and told me that they have been where i am, feeling what i am feeling, and give me encouragement... i appreciate it so much, and it helps me so much! i am so blessed to have you all!