My triggers! what I am learning from BLC#21
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Here's what I have learned in this process!
1) Long days affect my ability to stay on program: when I work over 10 hour days, it affects my ability to plan my meals. the added stress means I eat off program
2) Days in the car : when I have long travel days (see above) I usually resort to fast food (because I am on a schedule) but I don't make healthy FF choices. I also don't get cardio or exercise in because I am wiped out.
3)I do better when I plan better: when I plan my meals, take fruit, have trail mix etc.. I tend not to revert to bad choices
4) Water: I have mixed feeling about the water due to 1 and 2 above.. but I know that when I drink more water I am not as hungry and it helps the cravings
5) I DONT HAVE TO DO IT PERFECTLY.. one of my main issues.. I want it to be perfect and lose 6 lbs a week
but that's a process. I am learning about what my body needs and what it responds too
6) Exercise is good for my stress level: finding time to exercise definitely helps my stress levels and that perimenopausal insomnia..
I am learning about myself and holding myself accountable during this process.. I hope you are learning about yourself in this process too!