Wednesday, February 20, 2013
This is a blog that I meant to (and thought I did, doh!) post earlier in the month. I am try to get back on track at posting monthly progress and goals. It will hopefully help keep me focused and moving forward more than moving back. So here it goes:
February 2013 Start Weight: 174.6
1. KEEP FOCUSED ON MINDFUL EATING: I had some issues about obsessing over calories so I stopped counting calories this winter. It seems to be going well. Less binging and more listening to cues, yay! I still have some tweaks to work out, but I think I am heading down the right road. Weight is coming off slowly and I am less stressed. I would like ot keep focusing on this approach this month.
2. WALK AT LEAST 4 DAYS A WEEK: I have had a leg injury (started PT last week finally) so I am having trouble getting some good cardio in. I need to get back to my daily walks (barring weather, conflicts, etc.) to try to counteract that.
3. DON"T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT ME TIME!: I have trouble saying no to things when I am not busy but rather just need me time.
2013 goal checkin:
I would also like to taking a monthly look at my 2013 goals so that I do not forget about them.
1. Goal weight by the end of the year of 145 (start 174): up to 174.6 at the begining on the month (171.6 now, yay!) but that is down from the high in Jan of 178.6, so I am happy that it is coming off slowly and I am heading in the the right direction
2. Work out 5 Days a Week: Doing well with this. I started PT this month for my leg so I am hopefully on the mend!
3. Learn to be a mindful eater: goal for this month but I think I am improving (less binging lately!)
4. Declutter my apartment: Doing well making time to do this. So far, apartment is less cluttered and one big box (computer paper box) in the closet is cleaned out!
5. Read more: 1-The Help, 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-, 6-, 7-, 8-, 9-, 10-, 11-, 12-
6. Take a breath: Doing better now, but still could use some work. I started taking a later walk at lunch which has seemed to help while at work (also helps with cravings at work)
I just started a St. Patrick's Day challenge on the Calorie Watchers 'R' Us Team. Good luck to everyone participating and go shimmering rainbows!
Well, thats all folks! Hope everyone has a great (rest of) the month! We can do this!