Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

    DALID414   166,052
150,000-199,999 SparkPoints

Riding Like The Headless Horseman

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I did a spin class today.
I was distracted by the stupid screen on the bike that I didn't pay attention to where I set up.
When I hopped up to start my ride, I glanced at the mirror and realized my head was cut off by a poster.
I kept looking in the mirror to check my form, but I didn't recognize the headless body.
It made for a frustrating ride.
By the end of class, I was angry.

I don't know how to explain what was going on in my head...
The headless body looked fit and healthy, it couldn't be me!

When I got home, it was a disaster...
I went straight to the freezer for the ice cream.

Ok, so not a complete disaster since I had eaten a Fiber One bar right after the class (as planned).
It filled me up about 75% the other 25% was filled with ice cream, which was only a serving, honest.

I wonder if the headless horseman ever had body issues?

Member Comments About This Blog Post:
AHTRAP 2/21/2013 5:52PM

    I'm sure the headless horseman worried if his pumpkin was too big or not. Tricky getting the right size, especially out of season.

Report Inappropriate Comment
BLITZEN40 2/20/2013 10:09PM

    And that is why I ALWAYS avoid looking in mirrors! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
SPARKONSKATES 2/20/2013 7:51PM

    Something simiular has happened to me before. I hate mirrors or I hate it when someone tapes me skating and I look heavier then I am. Very fustrating.
But you did awesome with the class. Can't beat yourself up for it. The next day you start over fresh again. I think you look so great !!

Report Inappropriate Comment
ALIDOSHA 2/20/2013 5:15PM

    You reminded me about the novel by Mayne Reid and the emotions of fear even terror I felt while reading it at an early age emoticon emoticon for overcoming your own emotions and doing what you should!

Report Inappropriate Comment
BLESSED2BEME 2/20/2013 10:34AM

    It amazes me what can throw us off course. Lately all I've seen in the mirror during my fitness classes is a 'fat' body. Seriously! I think it looks 10 times the size it is and it distracts me. I lose focus on why I am there or that I'm 25 lbs down from where I was when I started this journey.

If I let it get to me, the emotional eating starts.

I'm glad the body you see in the mirror is very fit and at maintenance and I bet very soon it will really feel like your body - headless or not!

Woo Hoo on only one serving of ice cream. WE all need ice cream now and again!

Report Inappropriate Comment
SUSIEQ911 2/20/2013 9:43AM

    Don't you just hate it when something so silly makes you angry? I bet you'll never do that again!

Report Inappropriate Comment
ILOVEMALI 2/20/2013 1:30AM

    Hey, I'm impressed that you did the spin class!

Sometimes I'll catch a look at myself in a window or mirror that I'm passing by and I don't recognize myself. I'm not fat anymore, and it's difficult for me to integrate this. Yes, I still have 10 pounds to lose, but, objectively, I'm not fat. My head just thinks I am and it's holding me back.

Body issues stink.

Report Inappropriate Comment
KARRENLYNN 2/19/2013 11:46PM

    I'm sorry for your stress, but at least you still did your workout! And you didn't eat the whole container of ice cream. emoticon

You're doing great!

Karen emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
COCK-ROBIN 2/19/2013 11:43PM

    LOL, you did fine. And don't beat yourself up about the ice cream. It was one serving, and you did great! It's incredible when you don't recognize your own body. You've come a long way.

Report Inappropriate Comment
DOVESEYES 2/19/2013 11:41PM

    ...she didn't let it go to her head....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
MICKEYH 2/19/2013 11:32PM

    Frustrating? Sorry to hear,.. At least, you burn some calorie. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

Log in to post a comment.

Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

Other Entries by DALID414