2,500-3,999 SparkPoints 3,785

A long weekend and . . .

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I ate a lot of crap! I also have to admit that I didn't track. It's not how much I ate, it's what I ate! I did get in some exercise though.

We left for Florida 6:30 am on Friday. We stopped around 10:00 at the Cracker Barrel (family favorite on trips!). I didn't do too bad. I had 2 scrambled eggs and wheat toast. It was Friday (no meat), so I gave my turkey sausage to DH (he's not Catholic).

By the time we got to the hotel and checked in, it was after 2:00. DH saw a park near the hotel that he wanted to check out to run. DD#1 & 3 stayed at the hotel and DH, DD#2 and I went to the park to run. We were in the west coast of Florida that has Gulf beaches, but is mostly rivers, marshes and canals out to the Gulf. The trail was really pretty, but not really conducive to running. It was mostly boardwalk (that was kind of slippery) and trails that had a lot of roots. Anyway, we looked at the map and determined if we looped 3 times, we would get in about 3 miles. Of course DH and DD#2 went ahead of me. The trails weren't marked and everything looked the same, so I ended up getting lost! Instead of working my way back to the boardwalk to loop again, I ended up in a backyard! I figured I had gone the wrong way after I ran about 15 mins. (I was proud that I ran straight for 15 mins.!). I didn't want to keep mindlessly running, so I walked briskly and tried to backtrack. I knew the water would be where the sun was setting and would be on my right, so I wasn't too concerned. I also knew that if I had kept going through the "yard", I would have ended back up on the main road. Anyway, I saw DD#2 and she led me back the right way. DH got lost too and he ended up on the main road. DD#2 said she just guessed at the right path! They continued to "loop", but I stayed mostly on the boardwalk so I wouldn't get lost again. I'm not sure if I got in 3 miles, but I did run/walk for 40 mins.

We got back to the hotel and had to shower and get ready to visit with DH's brother. His daughter and the twin babies were going to meet with us the next day. We didn't have lunch that day, but we stopped by a local seafood restaurant and got takeout for dinner. The choices were pretty limited and I ended up having a fish sandwich (fried!) and coleslaw. I didn't eat any of the french fries and only a couple of the hush puppies (I was so hungry by that time)!

Saturday morning we had breakfast at the hotel. They had some really great choices, so I did pretty good. We met BIL at another park near his house that has a beach and a lot of boardwalks and we did a lot of walking. We apparently brought in the cold weather with us because it was high 70's on Friday and the rest of the weekend was high 50's (maybe 60, but really windy)! and they had freeze warnings Saturday & Sunday night.

SIL had a really nice lunch spread with deli meat, salads, fruit, etc. After lunch the girls and I walked to a craft festival taking place in their little town square. It was a 1 mile walk round trip, so more walking! We spent most of the day holding babies!

Since we had a late lunch, the girls were hungry when we left BIL's house (it was after 8), so we stopped at Wendy's. I wasn't really hungry, but I had a Frosty milkshake!

We met a friend of mine that lives in the area for an early lunch on Sunday, so we didn't eat breakfast. I had a salad, so that was good! We headed out to BIL's house again for more visiting and holding babies! It was still cold, but the wind had died down, so BIL brought out the canoe (he lives on a canal) and we all took turns canoeing. SIL had another lunch spread, so I ate around 3:00. We left late and again the girls were hungry. DH picked them up a pizza, but I didn't eat any. I had a cheese stick and yogurt later after I ran (and some of DH's microwave popcorn).

DD#2 and I didn't run with DH on the "dreadmill" Sunday morning, so we decided to run Sunday evening. I haven't run on a treadmill in years, so I had a little trouble with all the settings. DH & DD#2 found it really boring, but I guess I was fiddling with the buttons, etc. and it didn't seem too bad. I ran/walked about 31 mins. (some people were standing at the door so we figured they wanted to use the treadmills) and I got in over 2 miles. I know I can run faster than a 15 min. mile, so I'm not sure how much was considered "walking" and how much was "running". Anyway, at least it was 30+ of exercise.

We left for home early yesterday morning. We stopped at Cracker Barrel again yesterday for a late breakfast. I was really hungry since I didn't really eat dinner and it was already after 10, so my choices weren't that great (can you say Mama's Pancake breakfast!). It was after 2 again when we got home. After carrying in all the luggage and starting a load of laundry, I fell asleep on the couch for 2hours! I was able to scrape together some stuff for a salad last night, but ate some Girl Scout cookies!

I had cereal this morning and didn't have anything to pack for lunch, so I'll go to Subway. DH is off today, so he'll go to the grocery store and load back up on "good stuff"!

I did sign up for the 5K on Saturday! DD#2 is going to do it with me. I'm in no way ready to run the entire time, but I should finish ok. We're going to run again tonight, I'll do my workout tape tomorrow and run on Thursday. I'll probably do a quick mile run on Friday and be ready to go Saturday morning. It's supposed to rain, so we'll see how it goes.

I'll find out tomorrow how my long weekend effects the scale!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    Good luck on the 5 K. I am still trying to get the courage to sign up for one.
    1851 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by COACHMOMMY