Monday, February 18, 2013
I had a "wake-up call" over the weekend, nothing huge but it was enough for me.
Yesterday we went on a little mini-vacation, just an over nighter at the Marriott--we ate out at a steak house for dinner, swam for a couple hours, soaked in the hot tub, watched some HBO, my boys used the fitness center...just a little run-away for one night.
The cute swim suit I wore just last summer, is now so tight I can barely get in it and it is no longer cute. It was really embarrassing, how bad it looked on me. In less than a year I've gained 35 lbs and hit my all time highest weight. And I've been around Spark for a long time to be gaining weight, instead of losing it.
I've decided that I have got to get serous about, not just getting fit, but losing weight.
Anyway, and I know a lot of this is an extension of my Emotional Eating blog a few days ago, but some of that was great insights and I'm going to try to integrate it into my life. So here are the Emotional Eating rules and Life Rules:
1) Begin the day with "Today I will ____" and say positive affirmations each day that focus on staying in control of what I eat.
2 ) Hourly reminders: Remind myself that I'm doing well and that I can do this. Stay present and mindful. Be mindful each hour.
3) Plan my foods and stick with the plan. Give up trigger foods. Don't eat after supper, except my pre-planned smoothie. I'm going to stick with vegan for a few weeks.
4) Eat mindfully and focus on the food.
5) Exercise everyday, and be more active in general during the day.
6) Meditate everyday
7) Get enough sleep, drink enough water, choose healthy foods
8) Make a vision collage of my goals and LOOK at it. Keep visual reminders of my goals in many places where I can focus on them throughout the day.
9) Create a support system, reduce any stresses that I can reduce.
10) Give myself a 5-minute pep talk and Self-Prayer
For breakfast today I had a banana and an orange. 170 calories.
For lunch, a green smoothie: about a half cup of fresh basil, 3 cups of kale, spinach, and mixed greens, a carrot, a stalk of celery, a bell pepper, a tomato, Spirulina and Green super food, the juice of one lemon, a clove of garlic, a quarter of an onion, half an avocado, salt, water, and one whole jalapeno. 385 calories.