Progress: week of 2/10-2/16
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Areas where I noticed progress:
- My weigh-in this morning was down 2.4 lbs from last week. I seem to have a cycle where I will maintain for a week, have a significant loss the next, and then another week of maintaining. Anyway, this only puts me 1.8 lbs from my goal. My measurements this morning were very positive - I'm down a full inch in my waist from 3 weeks ago, and .5 inch in my hips from a month ago. My waistline is now 31.5 inches, which is beyond my goal of 32 inches! Woo hoo!
- My waist measurement being below 32 inches makes sense to me, because just yesterday I was thinking that my new pair of 32 jeans were feeling a little loose in the waist.
- I think I am looking pretty fabulous - my stomach is flat and I'm looking good in all of my clothes.
- Continued to get a lot of positive comments this week - one person commented that I was looking "tiny" in the waist - been a long time since I've heard that!
Areas where I need improvement:
- I've still got work to do on my self-image and self-esteem. In the same week of thinking I look great and being told my waist looks tiny, I've been having negative thoughts about my stomach being too flabby or too big. The fact that I can recognize that those thoughts are incongruent with the feedback I'm getting and giving is progress for me, but obviously I need to work on kicking those negative thoughts to the curb entirely.
- I also just need to relax a little bit. I was being a little stringent with planning my meals and workouts for the week in a way that was not flexible the way it needed to be to account for life happening. I am still going to plan ahead, pack my meals the night before, etc., but I'm going to stop treating my plans like they are in stone and it is a crisis if I change it.