Saturday, February 16, 2013
I've been in this journey to be healthier about four months now. I say it's to be healthier, but I always linked that with loosing weight... Until I plateau, and then I started reading and learning from SP tools, groups and users, and with that came the knowledge to focus on other things besides weight...
Lets be honest, I kind of thought about those things, but never really pay attention to them until my weight stood still for almost four weeks.
I think I may be out of plateau now, but that's not the most important thing in my mind... Don't get me wrong, I celebrate every pound gone, but I also notice other things, and let me tell you... I feel so proud of my self now, because there are more things than weight loss to be happy about. So here it's the list of my health rewards (now this really is a "getting healthy" journey):
1. I can make more than twenty jumping jacks without stopping, when I began working out, I could not even do five.
2. I work my abdominals with no problem and with proper form... I lift my shoulders with no effort.
3. I can workout for more than 60 minutes and I don't feel exhausted... Before, thirty minutes where the most I could do.
4. My resting heart rate has improved a lot... Yeahhh for my cardiovascular health! Before I was on 98 at rest and now it's 87... Awesome.
5. I workout harder, and my heart rate monitor alarm doesn't activate. When I began working out, I reached my limit heart rate (90%) maybe four or five times in 45 minutes. Now, I workout 60 minutes and the alarm never sounds...
6. I've lost more than 18 inches total.
These are just a few things... But they make me feel better and stronger... So, the most important lesson I got from this, is that I have to look for more than just weight loss to keep me motivated.
I still have challenges too... Like push ups (I can't even do one the right way) or jog/run (I don't feel ready yet but I'm getting closer to do intervals of walking/jogging). So, getting there keeps me motivated.