Can I Get a Do-Over, Please?
Saturday, February 16, 2013
For the second year in a row, DH and I are wintering in sunny Belize. Last year we spend most of our time having our house re-modeled, actually we pretty much gutted and started over. Anyway, this year was supposed to be all fun and relaxation.
This is how reality looks:
1. Within the first week of arrival I got into something and pretty much got covered with itchy bumps that lasted forever. Benadryl was my best friend.
2. First trip to the beach, sand fleas ate me alive, again, benadryl was my best friend.
3. My appendix ruptured, there went about 6 weeks of my fun time.
4. Second trip to the beach I got a bug bite on my ankle that turned into a big blister and hasn't totally healed yet.
5. Got some kind of secondary infection following the appendix, cipro again.
6. Finally, off all meds. Giving myself 2 days then want to start back running.
7. Day 2, Diarreah. Yeah, that's fun.
So, my time in the tropics hasn't been exactly good this year. We do have a little trip planned for the end of Feb. We're going over into Guatemala. I am really looking forward to that. Hopefully, I can get my body to cooperate.
My plan before coming to Belize this year was to really get with the program, get rid of these unwanted pounds and get back into good physical shape. Sometimes life doesn't get the memo. I have about 6 weeks left here. Think I can cram 6 months of fun, relaxation and physical fitness into 6 weeks...I'm going to try... IF I can get past my latest malady.
I think I deserve a do-over for this trip...what do you think?