Hey Big Spender!
Friday, February 15, 2013
Walking: 2 mph (30 minutes per mile) 120 minutes 612 calories burned
February 15, 2013
1. Emptied dishwasher and put dishes away
2. Emptied dish drainer and put dishes away
3. Washed a serving spoon and meat cleaver that had food stuck to them after being washed in the dishwasher
4. Took recyclables, scrap paper to be burned and dirty laundry to the basement and put them where them where they belong
5. Made a fire in the wood stove
6. Deleted 29 e-mails
7. Did online reading about a health problem I am having
8. Made a shopping list of things I need to buy
9. Took trash and aluminum cans to the basement
10. Burned the trash
11. Brought up clothes on hangers from the basement
12. Gathered dirty towels, wash cloths, tea towel, dish cloth, potholders, sponge and scouring pad
13. Put out clean towels, wash cloths, tea towel, dish cloth, potholders, sponge and scouring pad
14. Partially cleaned the guest bathroom toilet
15. Went to Big Lots bought two new shower curtains@$5 each, two containers of laundry soap@$9 for 100 oz.
16. Went to Staples and bought a D-ring binder to file Mom's papers in and a red marker to mark off my grocery list at the grocery store
17. Went to KMart and bought 6 white email@example.com each and 20 white washcloths, 10 bottles of Sobe water, 2 bottles of tea tree oil-buy one, get one free, two packs of underwear for me, 2 packs of tube socks for hubby, a can of hair spray and 3 packs of pupperoni's for Princess. I can bleach the towels if I have to bathe the animals and hand them out to swimmers without having to worry about chlorine from the pool
18. Put purchases away
19. Put 2 new Air-Wick air fresheners in warmers in the basement
I got my Staple rewards online and needed to get a binder for My Mom's paperwork. Big Lots had shower curtains on sale last week and KMart had Sobe life water on sale. Today, I decided to go and get some stuff I needed. It started to rain just as I left the house.
I checked into buying a new printer at Staples. The one my son gave to me, has paper jams all of the time and is useless. My old 3-in-one printer quit printing altogether.
I had some rewards for Staples, but their prices are so expensive. I have gotten D-ring binders at Walmart for much less than what I paid for one at Staples today, even using my Staple rewards. Lesson learned! I had a coupon off of their cleaning supplies if I spent $25 dollars on them. I thought they were overpriced, so I didn't buy any.
My son used some of my towels to wash cars this past summer and then threw them away. I haven't bought any since about 1997. I didn't buy anything fancy. Some of my towels are thread bare.
I loved working at Big Lots because I could get their deals after the first day of the sale. I also got a discount and bought a whole cart load of powdered laundry detergent once for 1/4 of its price. I was going to buy a second cart load, but someone bought it before I could get it. It would have been ideal for a beauty salon where they wash a lot of towels daily. I had laundry soap for a couple of years.
My son came over and brought a sloppy Joe for me. He took stuff to the DMV for tags on my van. I passed him on the way to the stores as he was heading home. I had to go to the bank to cash a check before I went to the store and wasn't thinking of how to get there. I was in heavy traffic with school buses. I had hoped he would go shopping with me so I could get it done faster, but I was pleased with getting the things I needed at good prices at KMart and Big Lots. I saw two employees I used to work with at Big Lots and talked to one of them for a bit. If my back wasn't messed up, I would apply to work there again. I don't think I could work for a half an hour any more without having to stop and rest due to back pain.
I am having problems with sores in the fold of my skin on my abdomen. Those of you that pray, please pray for me. I see my nurse practitioner on the 26th, but I am going to try to remedy this on my own before then. I have been using Gold Bond powder which helps, but I feel disgusting. I hope this isn't too much information for anyone. I imagine that many that are morbidly obese like I am, have suffered with this.