What I Like About Me #1-5
Friday, February 15, 2013
Hmmm... I think the things that I appreciate the most about myself are...
1. My love of my Savior Jesus Christ. Regardless of the ups and downs of life, or other people's opinions (*ahem* certain professors who think they are smart, therefore, they have all of life's answers *ahem*), I have never doubted Him, His love of me, or my love of Him. Faith is a tricky thing, and I admire my ability to accept what I can't see, and to trust what I feel and what my heart and soul knows to be true.
2. My love of my family. I am certainly not a perfect mother/wife/daughter/sister/gr
anddaughter/etc., but my family is the most important thing in my life, and I think that I pretty consistently act in a way that proves it.
3. I am intelligent. Not ridiculously so, but, to toot my own horn, I have not taken a class since returning to school where I have gotten anything less than 100% for the final grade, despite taking some fairly challenging classes, including Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Human Nutrition, History, Psychology, Math, and multiple writing classes.
4. I am compassionate. I really care about other people and always have. Growing up I was known to spend my allowance buying groceries for the homeless person standing outside the store instead of the toy/clothing/game/etc. that I had planned on buying.
5. In real life, I'm funny. No, really, I am! The only problem is that I have a strange sense of humor that not many people get. A few years ago I got my mom a book for Christmas titled, "The Bunny Suicides." The entire book was pictures of cartoon bunnies offing themselves in various ways. My mom and I thought it was hilarious. My grandparents thought it was incredibly disturbing.