Do Lent Generously Day 3: List Your Blessings
Friday, February 15, 2013
So day three is to list out your blessings... I will probably add more to this as time goes on, so this will be a short list at first and will be added to...
1. My new home and town. I love our condo and the natural area around it and the nature around the area in which we now live. We live in a valley in Tennessee with mountains and wild areas all over. I still have to get out there and hike and bike more of the local area.
2. My husband and son. I love them both so much. My son has had some trouble adjusting to the new school, but I think he is getting there. I still hate to see him worry so much though. I can see his stress sometimes and I wish I didn't have to see so much stress in my 15 year old son. (I did not say my baby, but the statement almost seem to call for that, which for me is odd. I do not and have not thought of him as my baby in a long time. At church people will ask if I have any children, and it is so hard now that my son is taller than me to call him my child.)
3. God and a church that maybe I can someday call home. I have been attending the only ELCA church in town and am starting to get to know people and to know some names. I enjoy working/volunteering at the food pantry at the church on Fridays and helping unload the Food Pantry van on Wednesdays.
4. The warmer weather that we have here in Tennessee than in Wisconsin. If I was trapped inside in our new area with all that wonderful nature outside right now, I would be even more down than I already am.
5. The time I have and the ability to try and start a new couponing blog for the Oak Ridge, TN area. So far I have had 88 views and almost 40 posts. So not much viewage, but that does make sense, as there just doesn't seem to be as many couponers in TN as there was in the MIlwaukee, Wisconsin area.
6. The internet and recipes for new recipes and new foods to try. I have been enjoying cooking and baking breads and meals for my family, even if some of the ingredients I used to use in Wisconsin, I can't seem to find here. (Never thought that finding fat free Ricotta cheese would be difficult. In TN they have regular, part-skim and light, but no fat free. So I guess my lasagna is just going to be a tad higher fat than it used to be.)
7. The fact that we seem to have nice neighbors and don't have any sound issues in our condo, even though we haven't met many of our neighbors yet. I keep thinking about sharing some baked goods with our neighbors, but I bake with splenda and never know how others take to that. I keep forgetting to bake something with sugar for sharing, especially as church has Panera bread each Sunday. Panera donates their day old bread to the Food Pantry each Friday and then the sweet stuff is used on Sunday morning, with all the rest, the majority, going to the Food Pantry clients.
I think that is it for the moment, but I am sure I will be adding more soon. Need to head out to the Food Pantry at church in about 20 minutes or so.