Day 44 Lent
Thursday, February 14, 2013
“The key to change… is to let go of fear.” ~Rosanne Cash
Yesterday was another good day. I ate within calories (middle of range). Drank my water. Got in my steps (> 14,600). Did 20 minutes of walking in the morning and another 50 minutes on the treadmill last night.
I plan to stay away from any big calorie laden Valentine’s celebrations, though I don’t know what my hubby and/or son have planned. I know that my older son and I bought my husband a gift card for coffee so hopefully my husband kept things in check for me as well.
For Lent I’ve decided to do four things.
1. Drink my water each day
2. Eat within calories each day
3. Do cardio each day
4. Get up earlier each work day (which likely will give me enough time for a morning walk at work – if traffic cooperates)
I’d also like to keep my streaks intact but technically I can meet my 40 day Lenten obligation and skip Sundays which would break my streak. Right now, I have no plans to break my streaks as I find them to be very powerful motivators to for calories and cardio.
So, I find myself in an annoyed state of mind this morning. My son is off from school tomorrow and Monday and I was supposed to be on vacation too. However, looks like one of my bosses may be canceling my Monday vacation since it is the only day he’s available for a meeting. Sigh…..why is it that the bosses complain about their schedules and then mess with yours. I say one of my bosses since I currently have projects for five different bosses. What a joy! NOT.
Also, I’m on the vestry at church and am on the board of our homeowner’s association and with both I seem to be working with some people that have checked their brains at the door. I just don’t understand why people take leadership positions and then fail to demonstrate any leadership. If you’re just going to smile and nod at every suggestion anyone with an agenda has, then resign from your leadership position and join the crowd. Being a leader (and being a parent for that matter) requires you to think and act in the best interest of those you are representing. I know that takes effort and sometimes is uncomfortable. Sometimes it means going against the flow and sometimes it means challenging authority. But you still need to do it. It's what you signed up for.
So after I post this I’m going to crank up my headphones to my upbeat play list and try to break out of this funk. I’ve decided this year I am going to decide to be happy. Not that I have to be happy every minute of every day, but I also am going to actively work to appreciate the good things in life and be happy about them.
Three Happy Things
1. chocolate (in moderation)
2. Above average temperatures in February
3. Kids exchanging Valentines
February goals – yesterday’s tracking
1. Log into SP, track, SparkCoach – done
2. Maintain streaks - done
3. Burned about 650 calories
4. 10,000 steps per day: > 14,600
5. 100 push-ups program – Continued with wall pushups and wrist seems fine. I printed the program and step 1 is an assessment.
6. Weekly goal: FOCUS - Work focus still is not where it needs to be. I had trouble focusing period at work yesterday. Not necessarily SP only
Health Progress YTD
1. Eat within calories streak: 38 days (42 of 44 days this year)
2. Cardio streak: 49 days (44 of 44 days this year)
3. Drink water streak: 35 days (38 of 44 days this year)
4. Wear pedometer and track steps streak 103 days (44 of 44 days this year)