(This is v4 of the edits of this post.)
I've seen a lot of religion related text on SP. I was sure that my religion wouldn't have representation.
I couldn't have been more wrong. You see I have a devout belief in sarcasm.
In case you're interested my religion is replete with a metaphysics, a world view, a psychology, a meta-model, apostles and icons.
* World view: Nothing is so perfect that it can't benefit from some good-natured, or even some not-so-good-natured spoofing.
- That which is, is; that it is, by itself, is neither good nor bad -- it may be good or it may be bad; you must decide, and you can change it, if you want to.
- No one is holier, or better than you, by divine right; you determine your holiness and your "wholiness"
- By increments, you can accomplish anything you set your mind and behavioral commitments to
- Those who aim solely for "wholesomeness", generally only get "someness" and little else
- "Someness" is the state of feeling that someone, somewhere is enjoying life more than you and you're determined to overcome that "differential" by suppressing their enjoyment
- Those who define goals, a path/process to reach those goals, and then execute seldom fail, and regardless are satisfied with the result
* World View:
- We all just be folks
* Apostles & Icons Include:
- Mel Brooks
- Groucho Marx
- Paula Poundstone
- Rocky & Bullwinkle
- Fractured Fairytales
- Mr. Peabody
- Mad Magazine
- The Daily Show
- The Colbert Report
- George Carlin
- Bill Maher
- Saturday Night Live
- The Penguins of Madagascar
- David Steinberg
- Godfrey Cambridge
- Chris Rock
- Early Dick Gregory
- Second City
If you're offended by my religion, and object, I declare here and now that I turn the other cheek at such response. And, both of those "cheeks" are considerably smaller than they were 88 weeks ago.
I'll be holding services, here, at SparkPeople, with the Sarcastics Unlimited SparkTeam.