On Sunday, February 10, I participated in my 3rd indoor triathlon. I have 2 more indoor triathlons to go. My totals were very close to the last race, but not better. My distance for race #2 was 8.733 miles. The distance for race #3 was 8.552. Since this is a triathlon series, they combine the scores. I'm not doing bad for an old lady - still beating the distances for women a few decades younger than me. But, I'm not in the top 3 for the money. This particular series only pays out for the top 3 overall - regardless of age. Where is the respect for the elderly these days?
As you can see from my Weekly Progress food log below, I carbo loaded the night before the race -- and it looks like I was carbo loading before that, too. Gotta get a grip on my food. I ate garlic bread as part of my carbo load along with my pasta - and I kept burping garlic during the race. Note to self - no garlic bread the night before a race.
Not surprising, my weight went up a bit this week - 152.0 -- up 0.4 pounds. Thank goodness for Lent and fasting! Since my New Year's resolution to get 6 hours of sleep nightly isn't happening often enough, I set my intention for Lent to get offline at 10pm and spend some time in prayer and meditation before bed. That should get me closer to getting 6 hours of sleep.
Enjoy your week.
February 2013 accountability goals --
1) - Exercise at least 30 minutes/day 6 days/week. Per the book, "Younger Next Year for Women," I am going to shoot for 6 days a week of exercise - 2 days of strength training (I'm taking a strength training class) and 4 days of aerobic exercise, mostly treadmill, elliptical, or online videos at this time of year.
2) - Track my food and limit my calories to less than 1800 per day. Goal weight is 145 pounds by end of 2013. I started 2013 at 153.8.
3) - Sleep 6+ hours per night. Stop Sparking by 10pm. The number of hours that I sleep is directly related to how late I am Sparking/Facebooking.
4) - Eat 1 fruit and 4 veggies per day.
5) - Drink 8+ glasses of water daily.