Wednesday, February 13, 2013
So the much awaited for appointment with my specialist yesterday ended up being pretty much a dud! I did get to my appointment and I did see the specialist, but it was a total waste of time and tax payers money!.
I still have no confirmed surgery date and I still have all my questions. Turns out that even though my specialist was aware that I was coming in for those things, he was acting solely in the role of making sure that he would get paid for yet another visit! His first question to me when I arrived was "well, what have you decided"....(me....I want to go ahead with the surgery). The next question, "do you have an orthopedic surgeon and do you care where it's done"...(me...uh, no, I'd just like to get the surgery done as soon as possible). Last statement, " I'll refer you to Dr. Hunka and he will do the surgery at the Mesiacordia Hospital. You'll see him for a consult here on April 4th and you can ask him all your questions. Good Luck with everything." That pretty much wrapped up my visit, other than going back out to the waiting room and handing papers to his receptionist who then booked my consult appointment with the Dr. Hunka for April 4th!
On the plus side, I had a day off work to go home and enjoy. Oh yes, and I have x-rays to look forward to again on both knees as by the time I see the surgeon, the prior x-rays will be too old. You just have to love the medical system.
1. I'm grateful that the roads were good for traveling into the city for my appointment. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
2. I'm grateful that I don't have months of waiting to see the surgeon. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
3. I'm grateful that I had a day off work to enjoy being at home. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
4. I'm grateful that I have a sense of humor and can see the craziness of my situation. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
5. I'm grateful that I have my health and do not have to deal with the medical system on frequent basis. I've seen more doctors in one year than I've seen in the past 10 years. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
6. I'm grateful for my crazy life as it provides some amazing opportunities to laugh and practice positiveness. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. I'm grateful for the gift of healing in both Kaeli and Garry. Both are on the mend from their accidents. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
8. I'm grateful for the assurances that my life is lived in faith. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
9. I'm grateful for the blessings that are on their way for me today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
10. I'm grateful for my friends and family, who help to keep me moving forward. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Have a blessed and wonderful day.