Today I feel a little low. Just venting a little, here.
I weighed today. And lost another pound. That is good, right? Yes.
I measured my "parts and pieces" today, too, to see if there has been any change from OCTOBER. The discouraging part is that 1) when I went into the holidays, I was 180 lbs. Then had some significant stress and ended up gaining 10 lbs. Here it is the middle of February and I am still NOT where I was in November. UGH. 2) Not to mention, only one measurement has changed. I know I am complaining. It is to myself! This is such a slow process! And really, have I just been deceiving myself about my progress?
Then to make matters worse, my husband says, "Are you sure your walking is doing you any good?"
Well, that says a lot. Even he can't see any significant changes in me.
So, what can I encourage myself with since I don't feel like I receive encouragement from husband?
1) Recognize that he really isn't trying to hurt my feelings. (Well, sometimes it think he is, the big oaf) And he really doesn't know how to encourage me. AND he himself is struggling more than I am. (Do I hear forgiveness anyone?)
2) I have lost 18 lbs since I started (before I even joined SP). I used to weigh around 200 lbs. That is something.
3) I have taken 4 exercise classes I never thought I could do and it has inspired me to join a class when I get back to WA.
4) I actually started running some on my walks. I have never done that before.
5) Most of the time I do feel better about myself.
6) My clothes do fit better, even if Randy doesn't notice.
7) I have made significant progress in controlling binges.
8) I have made a lot of self discovery about why I eat the way I do and how I can change.
9) I have stopped secret eating.
10) My body IS stronger for all the walking I have done.
So there! And if nobody else can see it, I CAN!