Last week was rough. All I wanted to do was sleep. There wasn't any real emotional reason that I was feeling so blah and not wanting to do anything. At least none that I can pinpoint. I barely exercised (only two days last week of scheduled exercise time), didn't track my food, and for four days all I did was sleep. I was exhausted. I'm sure part of it was because of my period, but it hasn't affected me like that in years. And, I'm positive it wasn't a depressive type of need to sleep. That I've come to recognize very well. It was a bit frustrating and I was feeling disappointed in myself. But, I listened to my body and slept. I didn't revert back to all my horrible eating habits, but my choices still weren't as healthy as they have been. I decided I wasn't going to let last week define me. It happened, and I can't dwell on it. I just have to dust myself off and get going again.
I'm already feeling more energetic this week. I managed to ride my bike yesterday and today. Look, I already accomplished what I did last week! Anything I do from this point on is a plus
While I was feeling so blah last week, I rethought my February missions (I like missions better than goals. Makes me feel like I'm some sort of a super spy). If I think that my scale is wonky, why am I setting myself up for disappointment by saying I'm going to lose 5lbs this month? Seriously, talk about planning for some self sabotage. Instead, I'm going to focus on healthy steps. Those will eventually lead to the weight loss. More importantly, they are what will help continue to strengthen my foundation. So, the scale is being put away. I will continue to take my measurements every month. Those I know are more accurate. It's kind of hard to fake losing inches. You can only pull the measuring tape so tight.
New and Improved February Missions....
1) Continue getting in 8 glasses of water a day.
2) At least two servings of fresh veggies a day.
3) Exercise for at least 10 minutes, 5x a week. Including working with my hula hoop.
4) Track food, water and exercise.
5) Journal at least 3x a week.
6) No fast food at least 5x a week. Delivery is my downfall!!!!
7) By the end of the month either add a new move to my ST routine, up my reps or add more weight.
8) Continue cutting out processed foods, and reducing my sodium intake.
9) Continue working on doing squats with the weighted bar, with the main focus being sure that my form is correct.
10) Lose 2 inches.