Long Days and Short Years
Monday, February 11, 2013
The days are long, but the years are short. Sometimes I get so caught up in the busyness of life I forget to look for the happiness in these days when my children are still children — and to make room in the hustle and bustle of daily living for those moments of happiness. The moments the children will look back on and remember fondly. The moments that make life truly worth living.
To that end, I'm hoping to do the following, and encourage my kids to do the same:
1. Find at least one little, simple joy to rejoice in each day
2. Get fresh air and sun each day
3. Get exercise each day. I particularly like the combined mind/body benefits of Yoga for this!
4. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day (one fruit and one vegetable juice can count towards this, but no more than that). (Starting the kids on 3 a day, because they are going to be a tough sell -- LOL!)
5. Get at least 7 hours of sleep a day. (This is a tough one for me!)
6. Spend time each day fully engaged and present with the kids